Good News Bad News...
Before you end up on the roof waiting for a ride…make sure you are prepared for whatever happens. We can help get life back to normal once the storm has passed but it helps to be prepared before it arrives.
Basic Emergency Supply Kit
In celebration of National Preparedness Month here is a list of recommended items for a basic emergency supply kit:
- Water (one gallon of water per person per day)
- Food (non-perishable – 3 day supply)
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably an NOAA weather radio with tone alert and extra batteries.
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First Aid kit
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust masks or bandanas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities (if necessary)
- Local Maps
- Hygiene items
- Important documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account information
- Fire Extinguisher
- Matches in a water proof container
Make sure you are prepared for whatever happens.