Damage to this fireplace as the damper was closed at the time of ignition. SERVPRO of High Point was on the scene in a matter of minutes to minimize smoke and soot damage that had spread throughout the home. The area in the before picture shows one of our technicians scoping out the fireplace. He's providing a contained area around the fireplace in order to minimize the damage from soot getting onto the carpet and surrounding contents. It is a major focus of SERVPRO of High Point to protect contents from further contamination whenever possible. This is a good example of that effort.